Friday, November 21, 2008

Pork and Black Bean Chili

From my old CrockPot Blog-
Black Bean Chili With Pork Recipe
1 lb. boneless pork, cut into cubes
2 (16 oz.) cans black beans drained
1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 med. tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 sm. red onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 t. ground cumin
2 t. chili powder
1/2 t. salt
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 c. sour cream
2 T. chopped cilantro

In a crockpot, stir together pork, beans, bell pepper, tomato, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours. Spoon into bowls and top with sour cream and cilantro.Crockpot Black Bean Chili With Pork Recipe 1 lb. boneless pork, cut into cubes2 (16 oz.) cans black beans, drained1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped1 med. tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped1 sm. red onion, thinly sliced1 clove garlic, crushed1/2 t. ground cumin2 t. chili powder1/2 t. salt1 can tomato sauce1/2 c. sour cream2 T. chopped cilantroIn a crockpot, stir together pork, beans, bell pepper, tomato, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours. Spoon into bowls and top with sour cream and cilantro.

**My Notes**
I never seem to have fresh cilantro around and truthfully, I don't like it that much. So, I skip it. I've also used a Can of Rotell in place of the peppers. If I do that, I adjust how much tomato I use.

~~~Andrea~~~

No comments: