I recently posted the recipe I use for Roast Chicken. I did cook that this week and had a lot of leftovers. I found this soup on my friend Kelly's cooking blog and I made it. It was fantastic!!! I am very much not a soup person, but this was really good.
- 1/2 c. chopped carrot
- 1/3 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/3 c. chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2T butter (I, of course, only use margarine)
- 1/4 c. flour (soft white works great)
- 2 14-1/2 oz. cans chicken broth (I use homemade from the freezer)
- 2 c. cooked rice (I use brown)
- 1 c. cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup milk (I use Lactose-free 2% milk))
- 2 T lemon juice
The only thing I did differently was that I added more water to cook the rice in the soup. That's it!